What do you get to learn through an AET course?
Award in Education and Training is for those who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector. It may include those who are not in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role. AET includes Award-size qualifications for those who want a short qualification to help them to make career choices. The AET courses include important aspects of teaching and organisational skills that help the candidates learn through a participating approach and also include the skills and techniques linked to learning both in groups and teams, and procedures to prepare up to date assessments. The Level 3 Award in Education and Training consists of 3 units:
- First includes understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)
- Second one facilitates learning and development in groups (6 credits)
- Thirdly and last unit deals with understanding assessment in education and training (3 credits)
- Develop knowledge that is related to teaching and learning.
- Develop skills to be used in teaching and learning.
- Achieve a Level 3 qualification which gets national recognition.
- Develop skills to link the theory and practice of teaching and training.
- Work with previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and potential for development.
- Learn the principles of learning, teaching and assessment and evaluation.
- Be more aware of their professional role, the essential value systems and the legal requirements for carrying out that role.